13 Jun Have You Packed These Necessities for Your Camping Trip?
These eight fundamental items are necessary to enjoy your camping trip this summer.
There’s nothing quite like sleeping in the outdoors…or the almost outdoors. Camping is a great way to get out in nature and have fun doing so! Now that the summer season is upon us in Minnesota, many campers are readying their tents and torches, but are lacking a few essentials!
Whether you’re a first-time camper or have slept under many starry nights, always pack these essentials:
- First Aid Kit – Burns, scratches, cuts, or bumps – one of these is bound to happen on an active camping trip, making a first-aid kit one of the most important camping essentials you could bring.
- Water – From washing to drinking to cooking, water is a top essential!
- Rope – Rope has so many uses at a campsite, especially if you can tie a variety of knots. You can make a clothes line for wet clothes, hang your coolers from a branch at night, and tow people out of a tight situation on a hike. Don’t go camping without a rope!
- Peanut Butter – It has a long shelf life and can be used in more ways than you can count!
- Flashlight – Always keep a flashlight handy – along with extra batteries.
- Maps and Compass – Don’t whole-heartedly rely on your phone for navigation. You may not be able to get a signal on your phone and a paper map is always a reliable back-up.
- Pocket Knife – A Swiss Army Knife is a camping essential that takes up almost no space in your bag. With this, you’ll have a knife, corkscrew, scissors and more, easily at hand!
- Pack of Matches – Unless you’re a pyrotechnic master, chances are you need some sort of flame to start a fire. Matches make a fire possible (and prompt!) so that you can get cooking and enjoy a comfortably warm night.
From the insurance experts at North Central Insurance Agency, we hope that you have a safe and fun camping trip this summer! For insurance policies to meet all of your needs in Elk River and surrounding areas in Minnesota, contact us today.