14 Sep Fall is Approaching – Prep Your Home for the Cooler Months
Spring into action by prepping your home for autumn.
Where has the summer gone? It seems like only yesterday we were in the sunshine, hitting the beach, and enjoying light nights. Now that fall is steadily approaching, homeowners will be making the move to set their house up for the cooler weather ahead.
Spare a thought for your home’s health by checking off this list of home preparation for fall.
- Drain sprinkler systems so that the water does not freeze and burst the pipe.
- Prune shrubs and trees.
- Remove debris and leaves from gutters and downspouts to prevent ice damage.
- Inspect the roof for damage or missing slates.
- Hire a professional to examine and clean the chimney.
- Tune up the boiler or furnace before turning it on.
- Caulk doors and windows that are drafty.
- Test the batteries in your smoke and carbon dioxide alarms.
- Hire a professional to check your heating system. These systems will use fuel more efficiently, last longer, and have fewer problems if properly serviced.
- Change the direction of your ceiling fan to create an upward draft that redistributes warm air from the ceiling.
- Review your homeowners insurance.
Fall can be a tough season on your home. Fortunately, homeowners insurance is there to protect your Home-Sweet-Home, as well as your finances. Contact the professionals at North Central Insurance Agency for the quality coverage that your home needs and deserves.