21 Mar Most Commonly Stolen Home Possessions – And How to Protect Them!
Burglars look for those items to snatch – be sure to secure your belongings!
When one thinks of home thefts, it’s natural to think of a masked man creeping to the house at night, targeting expensive jewelry, valuable collectables, and an electrical device or two.
However, it’s important to remember that not all thefts take place in the depth of night. Most home burglaries are a result of an unexpected opportunity for a thief.
In fact, a burglar can easily approach your house in broad daylight, find the key underneath the plant pot (you’re not fooling anyone with that ‘hiding’ place!), and take whatever they fancy.
To help you protect your most prized possessions and the most targeted items for thieves, read on!
- Cell phones
- Power tools
- Digital cameras
- Golfing equipment
- Gardening tools
- Audio equipment
What can you do to protect your possessions? Luckily, you don’t have to be manning your front door 24/7.
- Always locking your front door – even when you’re in!
- Never hide the key in your front porch – you’re essentially handing over a key to a thief.
- Store your equipment away safely, whether it’s in the closet or in a garage.
- Turn on passcodes for all electronic equipment.
- Never leave your tablet/phone/laptop/cameras in plain sight!
Always update your valuable possessions to your home inventory within your quality homeowners insurance policy! This protects your possessions and finances securely.
To ensure that your coverage is optimum for your needs, contact North Central Insurance, serving Elk River and the neighboring cities in Minnesota!