28 Aug Safely Enjoy Labor Day With These Tips
Labor Day Safety
Labor Day weekend is just a couple of days away, which means that right now is the perfect time to solidify your plans with your friends and family. No matter if you are heading out on the last road trip of the summer or grilling in the backyard, it is important to make sure you know how to stay safe while enjoying the holiday. Keep these Labor Day safety tips in mind for the whole family.
- Keep a well-stocked emergency kit in the trunk of your car in case something goes wrong on the road. Your kit should include jumper cables, water, non-perishable food, and blankets.
- If you are headed out on a road trip, let someone know where you are going, the route you are taking, and when you are expected to arrive so that they will know to call for help if you do not arrive on time.
- Never get behind the wheel of your car if you have been drinking. Even one alcoholic beverage can impair your ability to stay safe on the road.
- Whenever your kids are around water, no matter if it is a lake or pool, make sure that they have the proper adult supervision. Keep in mind that being in the same area as they are is not the same as being properly supervised.
- Anyone who is not a strong swimmer should have the proper safety equipment in the water, such as a life jacket.
- When grilling, make sure that your BBQ is a safe distance away from your house and any other building to avoid a fire. Never allow pets or children to play around your grill.
To ensure that you are protected with the right insurance coverage this holiday weekend, contact the independent insurance professionals at North Central Insurance in Elk River, Minnesota.