Carbon monoxide is colorless, odorless, and tasteless, which makes it one of the biggest threats in your home. Keep these safety tips in mind to ensure that you and your loved ones stay safe while spending more time indoors this winter.

  • Install the right amount of ventilation in your garage.
  • Only use the proper fuel in all space heaters.
  • Install exhaust fans over gas stoves to allow them to vent outdoors.
  • Always keep the fireplace clues open when the fireplace is in use.
  • Never idle a car in your garage, even if the garage door is open.
  • Never run a generator in your home or garage.

It is also important to know the signs of carbon monoxide poisoning. Many common signs include nausea, dizziness, and fainting. If you or anyone in your home are experiencing these symptoms, get outside in an open area as fast as possible and call for medical attention.

For all of your Minnesota insurance needs to ensure that you and your loved ones are protected in case of any unfortunate situations, contact North Central Insurance.

Table of Contents