Now that summer has come to an end, it is time to get your home ready for the cooler fall weather and more time spent indoors. Keep these fall home maintenance tips in mind to ensure that you home is ready for the fall season.
- Clean out all of your rain gutters and downspouts from any fallen leaves and other debris.
- Check your roof and chimney for any damage or cracks. If you find any damage, make sure to fix it as soon as possible.
- Store all outdoor furniture in a dry, safe place.
- Test all of your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors. Replace any old or malfunctioning alarms.
- Hire a professional to inspect and make any repairs to your furnace.
- Clean out your bathroom and kitchen cabinets and throw any outdated medicine, food, and cosmetics.
The changing season is also a good time to look over your homeowners insurance needs to ensure that you are protected in any situation. For all of your Minnesota homeowners insurance needs, contact the insurance professionals at North Central Insurance.