With summer coming to an end, it is time to put away your summer toys for the colder weather. Keep these tips in mind to ensure that your boat and RV are stored properly for the winter.
For your boat
- Clean the inside and outside of your boat, including the deck, hull, and cockpit.
- Completely fill up the gas tank to avoid any condensation and add a fuel stabilizer to eliminate and fuel degradation.
- Take out the battery from the boat and store it in a dry, warm place.
For your RV
- Clean the entire inside and outside of your RV and remove any food from the cabinets and refrigerator.
- Wipe out the fridge and make sure to leave the door to the fridge slightly open to allow ventilation.
- Drain all of the water tanks and the water heater.
Even though you will not be using your boat and RV this winter, it is still important to make sure that you have the right insurance policies to provide coverage while they are in storage. Contact North Central Insurance for all of your insurance needs throughout Minnesota.