As Americans, the Fourth of July is one of our favorite holidays. It is in the heat of the summer and we use it to our advantage to enjoy cookouts, swimming, traveling, boating and fireworks. Here are some 4th of July safety tips however, to keep in mind through the holiday.
- When grilling out, use the long-handled utensils to prevent burns. Clean your grill surface and the utensils after every use, and don’t use any marinade that meat has been in as a basting liquid.
- Keep your mayonnaise based salads cold.
- Never grill in an enclosed area.
- Don’t drink and drive and make sure you and all passengers use safety belts. Drive defensively and give yourself extra time to maneuver through the crowded roadways.
- Use sunscreen.
- Wear appropriate footwear for the planned activities.
- Leave the fireworks to the professionals.
- Obey watercraft safety rules when boating.
The 4th of July is a great time of year to live in Minnesota. It is a time do take full advantage of the natural resources around us. At North Central Insurance, we just want to make sure you do so safely. If you would like a no obligation review of your insurance coverage, please contact us. We are pleased to serve Minnesota from offices throughout the state.