What’s a tailgate party without good food? Whip up this burger recipe.
The football season has officially kicked off (pun intended), and plenty of fans are gathering their supplies for tailgating parties. Instead of bringing out the sugary beverages and processed food, opt to make your own burgers with a healthy twist. That way, you can enjoy your team winning – guilt free!
Serve this meatless black bean burger on a run with hot sauce, lettuce, and tomato!
- 1½ cups cooked quinoa
- 1-15 ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained (or about 1½ cups)
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoons salt
- ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon chunky salsa
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs, divided gluten free if necessary
- Olive oil, for browning burgers
- Add all ingredients plus ¼ cup of the bread crumbs to a food processor. Process for 45-60 seconds, until all ingredients are blended together, but still a little bit chunky. Transfer mixture to a medium-sized bowl and refrigerate for about ten minutes. Remove from the refrigerator and stir in the remaining 2 tablespoons of bread crumbs. Form mixture into patties. You will get about 6 patties, depending on the size you make them. Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper and place the black bean burgers on. Refrigerate for about 20 minutes.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat and coat the bottom with olive oil. Cook the burgers for about 3-5 minutes on each side, until crisp and heated through. Top with your favorite burger toppings and enjoy!
From the insurance professionals at North Central Insurance Agency, we hope that you enjoy these delicious veggie burgers at your tailgate parties! So that you can thoroughly enjoy the day, contact us to get started on your tailored insurance policies.