Memorial Day Safety Tips
Memorial Day is just around the corner. No matter if you are planning a backyard barbecue, or are heading out to a parade to honor the service men and women who have given their life for the country, it is important to make sure that you know how to stay safe. Keep these Memorial Day safety tips in mind to ensure that you have an enjoyable holiday weekend.
- If you are headed away on vacation, make sure that your home is secure. Lock up all windows and doors, even those on the second floor of your house. Take away any objects that could be used to gain access to the second level of your home, including trash cans or ladders.
- Do not post on any social media sites that you will be out of town for the holiday. Burglars can easily look at those sites to know exactly when they can get into your house.
- Put a hold on your mail with the Post Office. An overflowing mailbox is a sure sign that nobody is home. Also, make sure to keep your yard well-groomed to make it look like someone is home.
- If you are grilling at home this weekend, keep your grill at least three feet away from any flammable objects, including decks, outdoor furniture, or low hanging trees.
- Keep a fire extinguisher nearby when the grill is lit. Being ready for a flare up can help to prevent a bigger, more serious fire from starting.
- Do not allow children or pets to play around the grill. Not only can they be injured, but they can knock over the grill, causing a serious issue.
Having the right insurance coverage can help to ensure that you stay safe during the holiday weekend. Contact North Central Insurance in Elk River, Minnesota for all of your insurance needs.