When most people think of Minnesota, they automatically think of freezing temperatures. While the winter months can cause you to stay bundled up, Minnesota is still one of the most beautiful locations to call home. Even if you have lived here your whole life, how much do you really know about the state? Keep these Minnesota state facts in mind to impress all of your friends.
- The state’s slogan of “The Land of 10,000 Lakes” is no exaggeration. In fact, it is an understatement. There are 11,842 lakes in Minnesota that cover over 10 acres.
- While Minnesota is the 12th largest state in the country, 60 percent of the population lives in the Minneapolis – St. Paul Metropolitan area.
- The difference between the lowest and highest temperature ever recorded in Minnesota is 174 degrees. The lowest temperatures on record is – 60 degrees Fahrenheit, while the highest temperature on record is 114 degrees Fahrenheit.
- There are 52 state parks in Minnesota. The first state park, Itasca State Park, is the source of the Mississippi River.
- Minnesota is the leading producer of green peas, sugar beets, and sweet corn for processing and in farm raised turkeys.
With all the exciting facts that surround the state, it is a wonder why more people are not packing their bags and heading over. As a Minnesota resident, it is important to make sure that you are protected with the right insurance coverage. For all of your Minnesota insurance needs and to ensure that you have the protection that you deserve while living in the great state, contact the insurance professionals at North Central Insurance in Elk River, Minnesota. As an independent insurance agency, we will work with you to ensure that you have the right amount of coverage, all at the right price.