With summer coming to an end, it is important to make sure you enjoy all that your backyard pool has to offer while the weather is still nice. Before jumping in for your last dip, make sure to keep these pool safety tips in mind.
- Install a self-locking gate around the entire perimeter of your pool to keep people out when there is not the proper supervision.
- Never leave children unattended in the pool area.
- Always stay within arm’s reach of small children in the pool area to ensure that you are able to reach them in case of an emergency.
- Bring your cell phone with you to the pool area so that you can call the proper emergency medical response team if there is an emergency.
- Keep the proper safety equipment near the pool, such as a life preserver or a pool hook.
- Install a pool alarm that will alert you if someone enters the pool when they are not supposed to.
Most importantly, review your homeowners insurance policy to ensure that you have the right amount of coverage in any unfortunate accident that is associated with your pool. Contact North Central Insurance for all of your insurance coverage needs throughout Minnesota.