Whether you are just temporarily passing through for the Summer or planning to stay long term, it is important to purchase renters insurance coverage as soon as a lease is signed. And there are a few other things to remember about Summer travel and insurance as well.
- Most homeowners or renters insurance plans are excellent for coverage while at home, but they do not take care of lost, stolen, or damaged items while renting away from home.
- Even if you have insurance, always keep expensive items and important papers on your person at all times.
- Never carry large amounts of cash on your person.
- Leave valuables locked up when going to the beach. Do not wear them or take them with you. Check to see if the hotel has a safe.
- Always inspect the hotel room, apartment, or condo upon arrival. Note any damage that is already present and make sure management knows and that it is documented. You do not want to be responsible for someone else’s damage even if you have insurance coverage.
Remember that this is not an exhaustive list of tips and to get more information about renters insurance, contact North Central Insurance at one of our three office locations in Minnesota.