If your garden is looking a little lackluster, check out these tips.
The summer is alive and well here in Minnesota! The temperatures are rising, and many of us are enjoying our backyard more than ever. From barbeques to family games, the garden offers plenty of opportunities to get outside in the summer sunshine. If you need to give your backyard a bit of TLC this summer, it’s time to get going!
Grab your gardening gloves and check out these tips:
- Mow the lawn for a manicured look.
- Clear up any debris that the summer breezes bring.
- Remove dead, damaged, and diseased branches from woody plants to get your trees and shrubs healthy again!
- Add pebbles to succulent gardens for some instant style!
- Cover beds with compost during the growing season.
- Scrub up your outdoor grill for this afternoon’s barbeque.
- Select quality bulbs to plant. Pick the right, sunny spot for them.
- Plant bulbs down two to three times deeper than the bulb is tall.
- Give them well-drained soil which is rich in organic matter.
- Water as required. Note that you can use cooking water! After you boil pasta or vegetables, drain the water into your watering can to hydrate your plants! Instead of tipping it down the drain, your plants will appreciate the nutrients.
Are you looking for ways to completely re-do your yard for the better? Check out how to renew your garden’s vigor.
Now that your weekend project is well underway, it’s time to ensure that your entire home and belongings are protected. Contact the professionals at North Central Insurance, serving Elk River, Minnesota for the coverage that your home needs and deserves.