Read on for information about the Medicare Open Enrollment period!
Open Enrollment began on October 15 and will run until December 7, as it has every year. This is the time for many Americans to sign up, renew, or change their Medicare
plans and policies to suit their healthcare needs.
The Open Enrollment, allows you to join a new Medicare Advantage Plan or by taking on a new stand-alone plan. As healthcare is essential to obtain, now is when you should carve out some time to ensure that you’re adequately protected.
Open Enrollment basics:
Your coverage options:
- If you enroll in a plan during Open Enrollment, your coverage will start on January 1st., 2017.
- In many cases, Open Enrollment is the only time that you can pick a new Medicare Advantage or Medicare Part D plan.
- If you have Medicare Advantage, you can also switch to Original Medicare.
- Unsatisfied with your coverage? You can make changes to your plan during this time. From January 1st, 2017, your new plan will take effect.
- Take a look at other Medicare options in your area that may suit your individual needs in the upcoming year.
- If you’re currently enrolled in Medicare Part D prescription plan or Medicare Advantage Plan, and you don’t want to make any changes to your coverage for 2017, you don’t need to do anything in Open Enrollment, assuming that your current plan is still available in 2017.
- If you have a Medicare Advantage Plan or a stand-alone Part D plan, you should receive an Annual Notice of Change and/or Evidence of Coverage from your plan.
The Affordable Care Act requires most Americans to get health insurance or face a tax penalty. The penalty is set to increase each year, so why not get insured? With your health and financial protection in tow, you’ll be able to rest easy knowing that you’re covered.
Here at North Central Insurance Agency, we work to provide you with a reliable health insurance
policy that protects you. Visit us in Elk River, Minnesota to get started on your tailored policy!